January 12, 2011

Yay or Nay?

OK, I know as a blog author I'm supposed to be sharing my insights, finds, etc. with you.  But to be honest, I don't have that many insights...I just write because I enjoy it.  And I really like when you comment and tell me what you think, especially in my moments of indecisiveness (which I seem to have a lot of).  So....here's another.  Back to the guest room (are you sick of hearing about it too?...if you need an update, you can read here)...it's painted and it's on the way to being decorated.  Again, we are on a major budget in this room, considering how little use it will actually get.  However, it will be seen, so I am still anal careful about every little detail of the room.  One major area that needs to be addressed is the space behind the bed.  The actual bed has a small headboard, but with the pillows on the bed, it can't really be seen.  I have thought about doing some sort of headboard, or even fake headboard, behind the bed.  I have also thrown around different art pieces for behind the bed.  But then I found this:
  Its' from West Elm.  It's only $28, and it's cardboard, so I could easily paint it any color we want (probably either the Rendezvous Bay that the rest of the room is painted in or the yellow that rest of the accents are in).  I don't know if I'm going crazy, but the brick walls that are in the room already just scream rustic to me, and this kitschy moose seems to add to the fun. I would balance it with some sort of symmetry on each side (probably mirrors) Here's a picture of the room in its currrent state, so you can picture it behind the bed:
So what do you all think?  Fun or lame? 


2 comments:

  1. Honestly I am not to big of a fan of the moose hanging above the unless that goes with the theme of your house. I feel like with everything else you have it just doesn't seem to fit in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. not my favorite either---i think you need to keep looking!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...leave a comment