February 25, 2011

House Tour

This week marked our official first anniversary of living in our humble abode.  It is so hard to believe that we have spent 365+ days here and are so blessed to have already made so many fantastic memories here (bringing Colton home, our first Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. as a family of four, Colton's sip and see party back in June, and so on).  When we were searching for a house many months ago, we knew that our lives were about to get hectic and therefore we wouldn't have the time to devote to major overhauls.  After looking at tons of houses, we were lucky to find this one beauty that already had all of the upgrades done for us, and mostly within our tastes!!!  That being said, there is still so much that goes into making a house your home, and with all the chaos of the past year, I certainly have not been able to conquer as many projects as I would have liked.  As I look at each room, I see evidence of the progress we have made in making it ours, but also see, at every turn, ideas for future things to tackle.  In honor of our first anniversary, I figured this was a good time to finally show you our space. 
Let's start with our front door (which I painted back in the spring while on maternity leave):

When you come in, you see the entry straight ahead:

And a little further down in our little gallery wall:


To the right is our dining room:


And then straight ahead is the kitchen:

And then as you proceed in from the kitchen, you get to our living room:
Back off the living room, is my favorite part of our house, the part that made both of us fall in love and write that offer, our beautiful screened in porch:

Now bear with me as we head back to the kitchen.  To the right of the kitchen, is one hallway.  Along that hallway is our guest bedroom/office:

Across the hall there, you see our guest bathroom:


And further down that hall is our future playroom/second living room (which is currently still a disaster):

Oh yeah, our laundry closet is also down that hall, but I am going to spare you its horrible pictures.  Hopefully, by our second anniversary in this house, it will be more camera worthy.
OK, back to the kitchen, but this time we're going to go left.  Down this hall, you will find Colton's bathroom:



Across from his bathroom is his bedroom:


And right next to his bedroom is ours:


Equipped with our master bathroom.  Usually, the shower curtain is closed, but I had to open it up and show you the fantastic tile work.  Again, the work of the previous owners that we were lucky to be able to inherit:

So, there it is...our lovely home at 1 year old (well actually she's almost 50!, but we've only been with her for a year).  Even looking at those pictures, I swear my decorating ADD kicked in big time and I saw countless things I want to tackle.  Do you all do that too?  Or am I the only crazy one?

6 comments:

  1. funky fresh * bright & chic ~ luv the green mirror & the porch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love peeking in other people's homes....seeing little decorating tips here and there....

    You have a warm and inviting house...I love the kitchen!! The screened-in porch is amazing....I am sure that gets so much use!

    Cheers, thank you for the tour!

    Since meeting my husband fourteen years ago...I have never lived a home for more than 8 months at a time. This is the first year we lived in the same home twice, but we leave again at April and return to our cottage until September!! Happy house anniversary, I am jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! I love seeing other people's digs.

    I'm a new follower from Weekend Wander. Nice to meet you!

    Wife on the Roller Coaster
    http://www.ridingtherollercoaster.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there!!! Found you on FTLOB. Great pictures of your home!!! (We hope yo buy a house one day soon). I lived in Va Beach for 9 years, left in the summer of 2009. I miss it. I miss my friends.
    Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not sure if you like to "play" along, but I gifted you something on my blog...It will be up tomorrow morning!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loooove the screened in porch. It's gorgeous! The whole house is. Peeking over from "Tales of a Hockey Wife". Following now.
    Michelle
    http://www.heartfeltbalancehandmadelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...leave a comment