February 18, 2016

House Tour 2016

As of tomorrow, we officially been in this house for six years. Over those six years, this house has been the home that we brought both our sweet baby boys home to, the home that hosted both of their first birthday parties (and a few others after that), the home that transformed Josh and I from a couple to official parents. This home has witnessed so much laughter, some tears, and lots and lots of memories. But it is finally time to make memories elsewhere (or at least I hope so!). We are finishing up our financing and then, if everything goes according to plan, we should be putting our house on the market next month..AAAHHH!
It seemed only appropriate, then, to take one final house tour and check in on the progress we've made in the past year.  And just for fun, I also tried to grab pics from what our house looked like one year after we moved in (turns out I didn't take any pictures when we first moved in...a mistake I wont make again when we move!)
Front
year 1
2015

2016

Progress: replaced storm door, planted grass seed so hopefully it will look better in the spring


Entry 

2011


2015






2016
Progress: new console table (yay!), new coat hooks (finally included an L for Levi instead of making him use Chipper's hand-me-down C!)
Dining Room

2011

 2015


2016
Progress: new chandelier (my coveted West Elm capiz I've been wanting for years!)
Kitchen

 2011

2015


2016
Progress: new art over trash can (you can only catch a glimpse) and new stainless steel pans hanging (not that you can tell, but I sure am excited about them!)

Living Room
Man I wish I could find a 2011 one cause we had some old ugly carpet


2015


2016
Progress: new recliner for Josh (still just as hideous!), lots of new pillows

Porch
2011


 2015


2016
Progress: new white chairs, pillows, candles for table
Levi's room (Colton's nursery at one point!)

2011

2015

2016
Progress: hat board and tons of Levi stickers on the wall!
Bathroom


 2011


2015

2016
Progress: none!
Master Bedroom

 2015

2016
Progress: hung a new picture of the boys
Master Bathroom

2011

2015

2016
Progress:new artwork/jewelry board
Colton's room

 2015


2016
Bathroom

 2011


 2015

2016
Progress: new art work
Laundry




Progress: fridge, but no doors have been added...need to do that before house goes on the market
Playroom


 2015



2016
Progress:shelves, desk, decorations

Well there she is...our abode, crica 2016. I must say looking back at the pictures I'm pretty please with the way it has evolved over the years, and I'm pretty proud with the product we'll be putting on the market (especially because we're listing it, per realtors' recommendations at about $50,000 more than we bought it for and have made no major upgrades...only minor, cosmetic ones). 
In all respects, this house has been good to us, but it's on to the next one...wherever that may be!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment