August 28, 2013

In the Navy...

Well, I did it!  Just like I promised/plotted last week, I have finally gotten around to painting the guest bathroom.

In case you're curious, I used Behr Paint and Primer in one color-matched to Benjamin Moore's Midnight Navy.  Because the color is so dark, it did take me a few coats (and in some places, I even had to go back a fourth time!) to get nice, even coverage.  But the good news is: I think I like it!  It's definitely a more bold choice than I would usually go with, but I think we needed something different!  Here's what it looked like before to jog your memory:

And now comes the part I love most (and that Josh dreads): accessorizing!  Translation: shopping!  Although, I actually have a couple DIY projects up my sleeves to hopefully save us some moolah!  I had planned to go with yellow and white, but then I found a shower curtain at Target that I fell in love with, so we'll see what I come up with!  The curtain is coral and white, so it will still work with the navy.




What do you guys think of the navy?  Good choice?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment