April 23, 2013

Tasty Tuesday: Inside Out Carrot Cake Muffins

When I left work and became an official SAHM, I was super eager to find a group of friends for me and the boys.  I had visions of play group sessions where the kids were playing contently while I chatted away the morning with good friends.  As idealistic as that sounds, I am beyond fortunate that I have actually found it (with a bit of chaos sprinkled in as well!). For the most part, the boys and I spend at least one day a week with a fantastic group of moms and their boys.  And as lucky as we are to have developed such awesome friendships, we are even more fortunate that these girls spoil us rotten with delicious, homemade goodies each time we play at one of their houses!
Last week, we were heading to a play date and I decided it was high time I get my act together and whip something up (I usually bring applesauce, granola bars, or some other packaged snack!).  I had seen these Inside Out Carrot Cake Muffins on Pinterest and decided they were worth a shot.  They were a big hit with the kids and grown ups alike, so now after all that rambling, I'm going to share the recipe with you.
Inside Out Carrot Cake Muffins
  • 8 oz. cream cheese (I used reduced fat)
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 1/4 cup unbleached flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. baking soda
  • 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 3/4 tsp. ginger
  • 3/4 tsp. salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup water
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 cup grated carrots
1.  Preheat oven to 400. Line muffin pan with paper wrappers.  Lightly grease each wrapper.
2.  Put cream cheese in microwave for about 45 seconds to soften.  Stir in sugar and vanilla.  Set aside.
3.  Combine flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger and salt in bowl.
4.  In separate bowl, beat eggs.  Stir in water and vegetable oil.
5.  Combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.  
6.  Stir in the carrots.
7.  Drop 2 tbsp. muffin batter into each muffin cup.
8.  Drop about 1 tbsp. cream cheese filling into each muffin cup.  
9.  Cover each muffin cup with enough batter to fill to about 1/4 inch away from top of cup.  
10.  Bake 20 minutes.  
11.  Remove from oven and tip each muffin up to cool.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment