April 24, 2013

What I've Been Watching

Some of my most commented on posts tend to be the ones where I discuss tv, and since I haven't done one for awhile, I figured now was a a good time to crank one out.  So here it is...what I've been watching recently, and more importantly my thoughts on it!

The Real Housewives of Atlanta
I actually really enjoyed these ladies this season, especially Nene Leakes who used to pretty much drive me crazy, but now she cracks me up.  Her commentary on the other ladies is hilarious, and I think her success has made her so much more level and real.  She's somehow become the wise voice of reason on the show.   On another note,  I think Kendra is certifiably cra-cra and obnoxious, but I like everyone else.  Funny because this used to be one of my least favorite casts.
                                       
The Real Housewives of Orange County
Oddly enough, this cast used to be one of my favorites and now I'm kind of over them.  I'm hoping that has something to do with it only being a few episodes in, but I'm a little scared it has more to do with the people.  I obviously am smart enough to know reality shows are hardly actual reality, but these ladies seem to be forcing and staging the drama and themselves so obviously that is it really getting on my nerves.  Gretchen used to be one of my favorites, and now I find her laugh to be absolutely aggravating.  On a positive note, I do still like Heather, and have a special fondness for the scene of her family at Yom Kippur!
Teen Mom
Yes, I am 32, and still DVR Teen Mom.  And maybe I am just too old for it because I seriously can not understand why all these girls are in such a hurry to get married.  Kailyn's I can understand a little bit...you needed it for technicalities...and good for her if she's happy (although that's not exactly the circumstances under which I would want to get married!).  As for Leah, I just find her to be a really sad character.  She seems to want this "happy family" image so badly, but just has no freaking clue how much maturity and hard work it takes.  And don't even get me started on Jenelle...that girl is a freaking train wreck.  How are you engaged one day then back with your deadbeat boyfriend the next because the fiancee assaulted you.  And since then I've heard she was engaged to yet another guy, got pregnant, and then had a miscarriage after he assaulted her.  I think MTV just needs to dump her from the show and cut their losses.
The Voice
I don't usually watch this show past the auditions, but with nothing else on that we can agree on, Josh and I have been watching the battle rounds this week.  So far, I find the show to be really entertaining. The singers are amazing, and the judges are hilarious.  I'm totally into Blake Shelton.
The Office
Josh and I used to be huge Office fanatics.  For a long time, it was the only show we actually looked forward to watching.  To me, it went downhill big time when Michael Scott left, and we haven't been watching quite as regularly since.  But now, the show is flat out pissing me off.  WTF is up with the Jim/Pam drama?  With only a few episodes to go, why can't we just let them be a happy couple?  Uh...over it...
The News on Friday Night
I'm a sucker for news stories, so I spent the majority of my free time Friday tuned into the news coverage of the situation in Watertown.  We went to dinner that night, and with no tv, I really had no idea what was going on.  As we left, though, the valet told us they thought they had the guy, so when we got home, we immediately turned on the tv.  It was probably only another 30 minutes or so before they announced they had him captured.  Honestly, I can't remember watching a cooler moment...EVER.  I literally clapped out loud and felt like I, like the people in Watertown, wanted to go out on the street and cheer for the responders.  It is a moment I don't think I will ever forget!

I have other stuff on my DVR or that we catch on occasion, but I don't really have anything overwhelming to say about it so I'll spare you!  Anybody else watch any of the above?  Have anything to add to the discussion?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment