The other day I was minding my own business and scrolling through some images on there while the boys were napping. Someone had pinned these "holycraptheseareamazing cookies" (I've shortened it to just holy crap cause that seemed easier). Obviously with a name like that, I was intrigued. I clicked on the link and discovered these little gems were a peanut butter-chocolate combination...only my most favorite in the whole world. And then looking through the ingredient list, I noticed that they had a bunch of cornflakes in them...something I have a ton of leftover after needing them for kugle back in September.
BUT as tempting as all those factors made them, my logical, waist-conscious side kicked in and banned me from pinning them. If only that had banned me from making them! Nope, as we sat around confined to the house thanks to Sandy, I just couldn't get those darn cookies out of my head, especially knowing that we had all the ingredients in the house already!
So I buckled...and googled them...and made them. And let me tell you...holy crap they ARE amazing (especially after sitting out for a few hours). They were also incredibly easy to make. The whole process took about five minutes from start to finish.
Holy Crap Cookies
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 18 oz. peanut butter (1 jar)
- 6 cups corn flakes
- chocolate chips
1. Heat corn syrup and sugar over medium heat until reaches a boil.
2. Remove from heat and stir in peanut butter.
3. Stir in corn flakes to coat thoroughly.
4. Lay out wax paper on a cookie sheet. Drop about 2 tbsp. per cookie on to cookie sheet.
5. Melt chocolate in microwave. Drizzle (or if you seem to be incapable of that like me, just plop) chocolate on top.
6. Let sit and enjoy!
These things were so good that the next day I took them to Josh's office because I knew I would be in big trouble if they stuck around here! I dare you to try them too:)