November 2, 2012

Cause I Know You've Been Waiting

I mean, what kind of blogger would I be if I didn't share photos with you of the boys' trick or treating escapades?  I know you all have probably been holding your collective breaths for the 24+ hours in anticipation...no?  Well, you're getting pictures anyway!
As I previewed last week the boys went as a football (Levi) and football player...Steelers of course(Colton).



 Chipper gets really excited at the sight of people, so he can't go trick or treating with us (we learned that one house in last year!), but we did put his costume on him just for fun.

I had dreamed of a really cute staged group shot, but that was about the best I could do.  Instead, Colton seemed to think that their costumes meant tackling Levi was fair game.  Luckily, Levi seemed to enjoy that game too.

Even though Levi was not really old enough for trick-or-treating, both Josh and I wanted to take Colton, so he got all bundled up and joined Colton in the wagon. 

Colton was super pumped for trick-or-treating this year!  He had been practicing for days and seemed to know exactly what to do.  So when we finally let him get out of the wagon and get started, he was thrilled.

 Meanwhile, Levi seemed to think the wagon ride was just about the coolest thing ever.

As the night wore on (we only lasted 45 minutes or so), Colton got even more skilled at the whole trick-or-treating thing.  He perfected the ring the doorbell, stand back and wait, say "trick-or-treat" when the nice person answers the door, and then a quick "thank you" after collecting his candy.  He was even directing us at to which houses we needed to go to next.



Honestly, I don't think Colton even realized he was getting candy per se.  He just seemed to really think it was cool to go to knock on someone's door and have them give him something!  When we got home, though, we did allow him to pick one piece to eat.  And not to be left out, Levi got a couple M and M's (cut!) to try out as well.

It was a really good time, but I'll tell you what...that trick-or-treating was EXHAUSTING!  I don't know if it was the rush of getting the boys into their costumes and fed and all, or just putting up with Colton's hyperactivity for the afternoon in anticipation of the event, but I was worn out by the time it was done...and had to treat myself to a glass of wine!  But it was fun and for someone who hasn't really been a Halloween fan before (I'm not clever enough to come up with a clever costume nor sexy enough to pull off a slutty costume, so I usually just chose not to participate), I must say watching the sheer joy on Colton's face may have just made me fan!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment