April 2, 2013

A Little Spring On Our Step

Wanna see something down right depressing?
                                Photo: Jeff Edmondson WAVY TV here; last year we had 17 days at or above 70° in March. Not this year! Don Slater WAVY TV has a look at your Easter Weekend forecast coming up on WAVY TV 10.
Our local news channel published that little graphic, and as much as I knew we had been living in misery for the month of March, I was a bit taken aback at how awful it really was!  And so far, April really isn't showing much progress.  True, it was nice this weekend, but temperatures are scheduled to fall again today and remain relatively cool for the foreseeable future.  WTF, Mother Nature?!?  WTF?!?
But gosh darn it, I'm going to make it feel like Spring around here.  So I've done some Spring sprucing up.  I added a nice little wreath to our front door and planted some pretty tulips and hyacinths to spruce up our entrance.



I'm a bit obsessed with tulips recently, so I put some on our mantle as well.  I finished the mantle off with some wheat grass that I grew (which didn't grow nearly as well as some other people's I've seen online!) and one more peek of that fabric I used and loved on our patio.


So our front door makes me happy.  And our mantle makes me smile. Now the weather just needs to start cooperating, so I can actually get my butt, and more importantly these boys' butts, outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment