February 29, 2012

Yay or Nay?

Dear all,
I need your help.  Work on my porch makeover is in full effect.  I have a plan, and I am slowly making progress towards checking projects off my list (unfortunately my boys seem to have forgotten what "nap time" means so progress is a little slower than we had hoped....fingers crossed they will get with the program shortly...seriously!).  
But there are a couple little things that I am slightly stuck on, so I'm hoping you all can help me out.  

Dilemma 1:  I had bought two canvases to flank either side of our chimney outside.  I had originally planned to cover them in some fabric that fit my color scheme of choice.  Well, after searching for a couple of weeks locally, I can not find anything that had just the right blue, coral, green combo I was going for.  So, I decided to paint them instead in a fun pattern that would hopefully resemble a fabric.  Here's my final result:
Now really...what do you all think?  Obviously I know they're not museum-worthy or anything, but do they work?  Or our house guests going to think I put some of my former first graders art on the wall or something?  Seriously, please tell me...it won't hurt my feelings...promise!

Dilemma 2:  I really want a simple console table...more to take up wall space than to really serve much function.  I have visions of painting it blue, and have been hitting up any/all thrift stores and scouring Craigslist  looking for something/anything that would work.  Well, I haven't found anything (besides one maybe table but it was a real stretch and was marked at $50, which was a little higher than I wanted to spend, especially considering I didn't love it!).  Now, I could keep looking, but patience isn't really my strong point.  So, I started looking at other options and stumbled across this at Wal Mart:
It's technically a desk (hence the computer on it), but I'm thinking if I paint it my blue, it would work as a console table...maybe?

So, seriously y'all... I want/need your help.  I know it's not necessarily appealing to comment, but please...just a simple yay/nay will suffice...please!!!

Love, me




4 comments:

  1. I will say I'm pretty impressed with your painting skills! I also haapen o like the desk . Since I'm just as impatient as you I would just do the desk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the pics are cute, and definitely add a personal touch! The table looks like it could work, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your color choice on the paintings, and it that is your scheme...it totally works! Yes.. it will add some fun pop out on the porch. I say go for it! And that table at walmart looks pretty fantastic too! I say Yes- Yes! Well done Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought your picture of the paintings was your fabric choice! well done, very bright and cheery!
    like your table from wm....doesn't look like walmart either! we have the IKEA hemnes 4 compartment shoe cabinet in our entry way and like it a lot. just another option....not sure how big you need it....but this is nice, because it has a narrow depth, but still takes up wall space.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...leave a comment