March 22, 2012

Abloom

With Spring in the air, it was time to ditch our winter decor in favor of some lighter, brighter springtime fun.  Naturally, I had to include some flowers...OK, lots of flowers...in our scheme.




As usual, I spent very little on our updates.  I already owned all of the vases (including the yarn-wrapped beer bottles that were left over from Thanksgiving) and big things.  I did splurge for the egg holder on the fireplace mantle (although it was just $12) after I spotted it at Williams-Sonoma last week.  The mossy H was even free after I cut an H out of old diaper boxes (we happen to have a lot of those around here these days) and covered in moss that I had from last year.  Basically, the only money I spent was on my flowers...where I went with faux so I wouldn't have to replace them every couple of weeks.  Plus, they're up high enough that no one will be touching them or trying to smell them or anything.  
The bright colors and fresh florals (shhh...don't tell) definitely have it feeling much more springy in here...a perfect complement to the spring temperatures outside.  Anybody else been doing some spring decorating lately?  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment