November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving Recap + Bring out Your Mastercard

Happy Black Friday all!  Hope you had a fantastic Turkey Day, surrounded by loved ones and yummy food. Ours was pretty near perfect.  I hadn't really planned on sharing with you the after shots, but got after some inquiries about what was going on with my Bud Light bottles, I figured I would spill the beans (spoiler alert: I wrapped them in yarn and made them vases).



And one of the biggest hits of our Turkey Day was our to-go containers.  I had considered various favors, but eventually opted against all of them because they seemed like a potential waste.  But to-go containers did seem to make sense with the insane amount of leftovers we usually (and this year was no exception) have.  

Oh, and  you wanted to see a picture of Colton on Thanksgiving Day?  OK, I guess I can oblige.  Let's just say...he loved everything about the day...the parade, the food, the attention!





Now that the festivities are over, I plan to hit the mall later today, not so much in search of bargains, but just because it's what you're supposed to do, right?
 I will, though, be starting my search for those elusive perfect presents for all the loved ones on my list.  Each year, I request a wish list from them, and each year, only a couple actually provide one.  I don't get it! I love making wish lists, and think it makes much more sense to buy someone something they truly want.
So just for fun, I figured I'd share with you my holiday wish list for this year.  Be warned, in preparing this, I realized that I must actually be 30 or just particularly lame because my list has gotten really domestic!

1.  Brother CS-6000i Sewing Machine


2.  Crate and Barrel 5-Piece Mixing Bowl Set...I plan to use them more for serving though
3.  Crate and Barrel Mixing bowls (although with these I'm not picky...just any mixing bowls)

4.  Vintage Pearl Necklace (***although the superstitious part of me doesn't actually want this until after Baby X arrives...hmmm)

5.  Hammock for the back porch
6.  Sperry Rain boots (size 8)

And finally...
7.  Gift cards to my favorite clothing locales, both local (Apricot Lane, bevello) and big chains (Loft, Express) for when I can finally wear real people clothes again!

Happy shopping all!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment