November 28, 2011

Brie Bites and Pumpkin Fluff

I love me some brie cheese.  It's a bit of an obsession actually.  And whenever I spot a recipe on Pinterest that includes the fantastic French product, I automatically pin it.  That explains how I happened to stumble upon this amazingly delicious, yet so, so easy recipe (originally from here).
Luckily, my Thanksgiving responsibility was the appetizers and this recipe was first on my list of things to try.  I loved them, as did my guests, so here is the recipe for you to try out as well...
man, just realized my picture does not do these guys justice...trust me, they're phenomenal!


Brie Bites
  • phyllo cups 
  • brie cheese, cubed
  • brown sugar, about 1/2 tsp. per cup
  • pecans, again about 1/2 tsp. per cup
  • honey
Making these seriously could not be easier!
Preheat oven to 350.  Fill each cup with cube of brie, brown sugar, and pecans (obviously adjust amounts based on your tastes).  Drizzle each cup with honey.  Bake for 15 minutes.  

While those little jewels were my most favorite part of Thanksgiving, I served some other appetizers as well, including a Pumpkin Fluff Dip that I have been wanting to try out for several years.  It definitely has a really nice, light pumpkin flavor and makes a TON!  In fact, the picture is actually from the leftover portion that I took with us to our playoff tailgate the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  I served the dip with cinnamon graham crackers...yummy!

Pumpkin Fluff Dip
  • 16 oz. Cool Whip, thawed
  • 5 oz. instant vanilla pudding
  • 15 oz. can pumpkin
  • 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
Combine all and refrigerate...the longer, the better!

I promise you can't go wrong with either of those.  And while we're on a good food kick, I mentioned that I took the dip to our tailgate.  My main contribution there, though, was my French Toast Casserole...one of my all time favorite things to make (and probably least healthy/most indulgent).  I had shared the recipe awhile back, so go here if you missed it!

All right, if you've made it to the end of this, you're probably adequately drooling by now!  Go try one (or all of those) and let me know what you think:) 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment