November 23, 2011

Holiday Fun To-Dos

I am a confessed to-do list lover, but I must admit I have been overly excited to make this list.  In fact, I have been rounding up ideas and filing them mentally for weeks in anticipation.  Now, I just hope we will have enough time to get all the things crossed out.
In case you are unfamiliar with the concept, each season (well, summer and fall so far), I have created a to-do list of sorts of things that my toddler and I can do together.  I wanted things that would provide rich experiences  for him and create some pretty fantastic memories for both of us (and Josh in the instances that he joins us).  Plus, as a stay-at-home mom, I was finding it was easy to get complacent, and I wanted a bit of motivation to get us out the door and doing different things.  Honestly, I don't know who has had more fun crossing the items off these lists so far.
And now, the holiday version is here.  We're a little over eager around here and actually already knocked an item off the list: attend holiday lights parade (well, in fairness, it is scheduled for the weekend before Thanksgiving, so it's not like we get to pick!):



 It was already such a fun experience.  I don't know if it's the pregnant in me, but I seriously got a little teary out there watching the parade with my boys, listening to the music, and all.  For his part, Colton was very intrigued by the whole thing, and got really excited when the dogs came by for him to pet (some golden retriever rescues) and of course when Santa made his appearance!
So now, I really can't wait to get started on the rest of our items:

  • Make a gingerbread house
  • Visit Holiday Lights at the Beach
  • Watch a Christmas movie (although it will have to be a short one...Colton's attention span is not very accommodating!)
  • Make a marshmallow menorah (yep, we celebrate both!)
  • Eat some latkes
  • Get Christmas tree/decorate it
  • Visit Christmastown at Busch Gardens
  • Visit Santa (with Chipper?)
  • Make homemade ornament for tree
  • Make cookies for Santa
  • Visit Holiday Train Show
  • Hunt Club Farm Winter Wonderland?

Whew!  We're going to be super busy, huh?!?  And with Colton's baby brother set to arrive around the end of the year, I feel extra pressure to get these things done in a timely manner...you know, just in case he decides to join us a little early.
Anybody else have some fun holiday traditions we should go ahead and add to our list?  You can never have too many, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment