September 13, 2011

Toddler +Fall = Fun

At the beginning of the summer, I came up with a plan that would keep Colton entertained.  It was pretty simple.  With 8 weeks to go (in my calculations), I came up with a list of 8 summery, toddler-appropriate and fun activities that we could do.  Once a week, I pulled one from a bowl and we set off to have a Colton fun day. (You can read more about it here if you want)  It ended up taking us a little more than the 8 weeks, but I am happy to report that we have completed each and every activity.  Not only did they provide us with some awesome memories, but some pretty cute pictures as well:





In all honesty, though, I am really happy I made my list and followed through with it.  It provided me with the motivation to get us out of the house and experiencing different things.  So with that in mind, I have decided to continue my plan for the fall.  For simplicity sake, I am sticking with 8 and coming up with 8 fun, fall activities Colton and I (and whoever else wants to join) can take on each week.  Some of these are repeats from the summer that Colton particularly enjoyed, and others are brand new so that hopefully we'll find some new favorites.
  1. apple picking: Knott's Island or preferably Charlottesville
  2. Hunt Club Farm: pumpkin patch, hayride, and petting zoo
  3. Virginia Aquarium
  4. Children's Museum
  5. pumpkin carving and/or painting
  6. nature walk to collect leaves and other goodies...make art project once get back
  7. Neptune Festival sand sculptures
  8. Make a scarecrow?
As you can tell, I'm still a little sketchy about our eighth activity.  Who knows...we may get crazy and only do 7 because I am pretty sure Colton will get some more fall fun in the form of park trips, tailgating, and Steelers football.  Plus, I'm really hoping Josh will agree to an October mid-week trip to Charlottesville for some apple picking, foilage looking, and UVA visiting!


2 comments:

  1. I would like to sign up for apple picking and pumpkin patches next year! But only if you promise some cool weather :) Maybe that will be come our annual family trip to VA?? We really don't have real pumpkin patches here and oranges are the only thing you can really pick off of a tree here, not quite the same :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think this is a FANTASTIC idea...we'll have our own little fall festival:)

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...leave a comment