March 9, 2011

NOLA, Baby...

Yep!!! Tomorrow this girl and her wonderful husband will be jetting off for a fun-filled four days in New Orleans.  Like most all things I do, I have researched this fine city at nauseum.  Actually, this time, I think Josh has put more time and energy into research than I have.  Either way, we have come up with what I hope is a perfect New Orleans itinerary.  Because this is our first time in almost a year without our baby boy and therefore responsibility free (!), we have tried to come up with plans, but not necessarily run ourselves silly.  At the same time, though, I want to make sure we don't miss out on anything that we will later regret.

 I am hopeful that some of you are New Orleans veterans and can help a girl out by perusing our quick plan and letting me know if there is anything essential we are leaving out:

Thursday
Arrive, get to hotel
Dinner at Gallatoire's
Explore Bourbon Street

Friday
breakfast at Cafe du Monde (beignets)
Explore French Market, St. Louis Cathedral, Jackson Square
lunch at Coop's Place
New Orleans cocktail tour (4:30pm)
dinner at Acme Oyster House
gambling

Saturday
take streetcar to St. Charles Place
Explore Garden District
Dinner at Dickie Brennans
jazz clubs?

Sunday
breakfast if time
return to baby boy
So, what do you all think?  Anything we are missing?  Or any experiences at those places you can share?  Any input is greatly appreciated...

3 comments:

  1. Please eat at least 23 beignets for me at Cafe Du Monde. I haven't been there in quite some time, and that is so unacceptable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, stumbled across your blog somehow. I used to live in VB and now live on the Gulf. I was just in NOLA a few weeks back, and you're doing almost everything we did. One thing I'd recommend on your exploring Bourbon St. night is to go to Pat O'Briens. Go to the piano bar part (better if you do this earlier in the night around 8ish so the line won't be so long). When you're ready to leave, turn in your hurricane glass for $3 back (or keep it as a souvenir), and go check out the flaming fountain in the main part of it. Have fun in the Crescent City!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog, it is nice to find other bloggers from my area! I hope you and your hubby have a wonderful time in New Orleans!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...leave a comment