April 15, 2014

Tasty Tuesday: Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars

If you know me at all, or have been a regular around here, you probably already know that I have a bit of a chocolate-peanut butter obsession!  While I was on my no-bake hiatus, I tried hard to not pin recipes either, but there were a couple (chocolate-peanut butter of course) that I just couldn't resist.  So I pinned them, and eagerly awaited the day I could try them out.
I tried out some Peanut Butter Oreo Mud Bars a couple weeks ago, but was shockingly a bit disappointed with them (although not in the peanut butter Oreos, which I never knew existed!). So then I was even more anxious to try out recipe #2, and luckily, they didn't disappoint.  They're super easy to make, but I will warn you that they're really sweet, so cut your bars small!  If you're a chocolate-peanut butter lover like me, though, I'm sure you'll be a fan!
image via The Girl Who Ate Everything

Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars

  • box yellow cake mix
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup butter, melted
  • 2 eggs
  • 12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
  • 2 tbsp. butter
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
1.  Preheat oven to 325. 
2. In mixer, combine cake mix, peanut butter, melted butter, and eggs.  Press into 9x13 pan, reserving about 1 1/2 cups of mixture for the top.
3. In saucepan over medium low heat, melt chocolate chips, butter, and milk.  Remove from heat once all is melted and stir in vanilla.  Pour over the peanut butter cake mix in 9x13.
4. Crumble the remaining cake mix over the chocolate.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes.  Allow to cool completely before cutting into bars (or tasting...these definitely grew on me after they had sit for awhile!).



1 comment:

  1. They look amazing!!! I, too, love all things chocolate peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...leave a comment