May 9, 2012

Classic Yummies

Yesterday I shared with you that as part of Colton's teachers' appreciation gifts, the boys and I baked up some chocolate chip cookies.  Well, really, I did most of the cooking, but they did each help out in their own special way...see?
Levi supervised from his Bumbo and Colton licked brown sugar from his fingers (***and no, he did not go anywhere near the cookie mix after that!)

If you have been on Pinterest at all you have probably run across the recipe with a tagline to the effect of being the "NY Times Best Cookie Recipe" or something like that.  Well, I tried that recipe a few months ago, and in my humble opinion, I liked the one I had been using for years better!  So, as I was using my old faithful recipe this time around, I figured I should share it with you all as well...you know, just in case you're in search of a good chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 package instant vanilla pudding
  • 1 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 12 oz. chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350.  Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Sift flour and baking soda together in small bowl.
3.  Combine butter and sugars in bowl.  Beat until creamy.  Add in vanilla pudding mix.  Next, add vanilla, eggs, and salt.  
4.  Slowly add in flour mixture and beat until fully incorporated.
5.  Stir in chocolate chips.
6.  Bake 10-12 minutes.




2 comments:

  1. Those cookies look wonderful. I will have to try your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of making cookies with pudding mix! Sounds interesting, so I definitely need to try these.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...leave a comment