April 2, 2014

DIY Cherry Blossom Branches

Yesterday I showed you my spring mantle complete with its lovely cherry blossom branches.
Well, crafting them was totally easy peasy, so I figured I'd share the details with you.  
To make them, you'll need:
  • pink tissue paper (about 5 sheets)
  • scissors
  • hot glue gun
  • branches
To start, just stack your tissue paper and then cut out flower shapes.  I didn't use any kind of guide but just made a rough "flower."  You can tell by looking at these just how rough they were!  Luckily, it doesn't end up mattering! 
Once the shapes are all cut out, just gather each one in the center, twist it and gather it.  Again, no science to this...just twist, gather, and scrunch.  That's it!  
Take a dot of hot glue and smack them on the branches.
I told you these were easy!  And such a perfect spring decoration, right?  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment