February 21, 2014

Seasonal Affect Disorder

The weather has been amazingly pleasant around here this week. Temps in the 60s, sunny, and just perfect for a lot of outside time. Every year I get excited to see and feel Spring come around, but this year may be exceptional. I knew it had been cold this winter, but I didn't realize until this week's improvements, just how much this winter has affected my mood/state of well being!
Winter is grueling.  First, I am stuck inside way too frequently with the kiddos. And then when we do try to make it outside, it is amazing how much harder it is to buckle them in those darn car seats, or get them out, or walk them in somewhere when it is bitter cold outside. It's so frustrating that I don't even want to go anywhere or do anything. And that just puts me in an all around bad and lazy mod.

Usually when the kids go down for their naps, I am busy knocking things off my to-do list.  I haven't even made a to-do list in weeks!
I have always enjoyed blogging and will easily knock out five posts a week. I haven't even wanted to take the time to write a basic post recently (also probably due to the fact that I'm not really getting anything done to write about!).
And to top it off, I battled a nasty virus last week that completely knocked me on my arse and drove the final nail in the proverbial coffin.  I was exhausted, cranky, and just plain fed up with everything!
But this week, with the sun shining and the temps warmer (and thanks to the miraculous neti pot...seriously can't sing that thing's praises enough!), all feels right with the world again! I have been happy, productive, and not only patient, but actually enjoying, my kids! Hallelujah!
 There's a guy I follow on Facebook that is somewhat of a weather forecasting phenom.  He pretty much has nailed every storm...and starts predicting them over a week in advance. Well, he's at it again and is already alerting that there is the potential for a major East Coast blizzard (including us) next weekend....um, seriously, I may lose it if this comes to fruition!
 I think I'm just going to ignore him and revel in the beautiful, mild weekend on tap.  Ignorance is bliss, right?
 

1 comment:

  1. Can you send some of that weather up to Buffalo, please? I want to feel better too!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...leave a comment