May 13, 2013

Mom's Day Round 4

Mother's Day: possibly my favorite day of the year.  I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful, loving family, both in my boys and husband and beyond them to my parents, sisters, brother, and niece.  Mother's Day is the perfect day because I get to take the time to honor and enjoy all that I have.  And this Mother's Day, officially my fourth (!) as a mom, was quite possibly the best yet!
We started off the morning with Josh getting the boys up while I lounged in bed until about 8.  Once I was up, they gave me some gifts, including a gift card to a swanky bathing suit/clothes boutique to get myself something nice for the summer (woo hoo!) and Colton's footprint butterfly he had made at school.
Afterwards, we all got dressed and headed out to breakfast...just the four of us!  Of course Levi was a messy disaster (that's pretty much how he rolls), but it was really nice to have some quality time with my boys.  Once we were done, Josh took the boys off for some visiting with his mom and grandmother, while Chipper and I held down the home fort catching up on DVR and relishing in the quiet.  Seriously, I can not tell you the last time I sat in my house alone (probably some time around December 2011), and I must admit it was glorious!  
The boys got back eventually, and we all spent some time playing before they went down for naps.  And when they got up, we headed out to meet my parents, sister, brother, sister-in-law, and niece for dinner out.  














Amazingly, I had managed to keep quiet for about a month, but my sister-in-law had done a cousin photo shoot awhile back.  My parents have been working on a gallery wall, and we figured one of the three of them together would be the perfect addition.  Since I haven't been able to show you before now, here are some of my favorites from that day.  Poor Riley was pretty much at the boys' mercy...








We did manage to get a good one framed, though.  And we also put together a basket of some of Mom's favorite things...besides her grandchildren, of course... to give her (yes, that is a big ole bottle of Grey Goose, definitely one of mom's fave things!)
Mom really enjoyed her gift (so much so that I'm temped to repeat it for dad's Father's Day gift!), and we all had a great dinner together.  
Like I said, in the four years that I have been celebrating Mother's Day, this is hands down my favorite yet.  Man, that's a lot of pressure to live up to for Josh in about a month.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment