May 14, 2013

All Aboard the Party Express

This past weekend, Dream Bashes (my party planning company) finished up another big party: a little boy's first birthday extravaganza.  The birthday boy's daddy has a passion for trains that has been passed on to him, so naturally the theme of this party was...trains!  Fresh off the heels of Colton's Mickey Mouse Choo Choo party, I was eager to incorporate some of the elements from that party, but also bring in some fresh and original details.  
At the entrance, I did the same train tracks we had had at Colton's party, but added a fun birthday crossing sign on the door.


Inside we did a fun train-themed birthday banner along with some fun train/1 mantel toppers.
The food table featured the same train cars filled with food that we had done at Colton's bash.  As for the food, we served some wings, chicken bites, mac and cheese and fruit skewers (topped with a fun railroad sign).  The food pretty much dominated the tablescape, but I also made some transportation signs to use to decorate the table a bit.  Oh, and I hung some fun poofs above the table.





Most of the party was held outdoors, so I put up a fun train garland out there to decorate.
And birthday boy's mommy had specifically requested a one of him in pictures, so I was happy to oblige.
So there we have it.  Another fun train-themed party!  







No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment