June 8, 2012

Corny Mom Alert

I have fully embraced the fact that I am that mom...I am probably slightly over the top, and probably get a little too excited for each of my child's achievements/milestones, no matter how small.  In fairness, I've always loved celebrations and traditions, so I feel like this is just a natural extension of that. Maybe it's not, but either way, like I said, I fully embrace it.
Take yesterday for example.  Yesterday was Colton's last day of school.  I understand that Colton only went to school two days a week for about 3.5 hours each time AND that he will be returning to the exact same place in about a month for his summer camp, BUT yesterday was his last day of school, so we had to mark the occasion appropriately.
Step 1: Take his last day of school portrait.
he was saying "school"...oh and managed to find a random duck in the house that he just couldn't let go of

**Just for reminiscing sake, here was his first day of school portrait.  He may not be that much bigger size wise, but I definitely think he looks older:)**
                             
**And because I really am extreme, of course I took the moment to realize that back in August when Colton started school, Levi was about the size of an avocado or some other vegetable in my belly, and now he is this wonderful baby boy in our lives...so I took a picture of them together:
When we got to school, I had some simple presents for his teachers.  Just a great summer cup (you know one you can freeze and all), a magazine, and a Target gift card.
They also had some fun stuff for us/Colton, including a super cute book (that made me tear up a bit) with some of his crafts from the year.  The school also sent out a weekly newsletter each week with photos of the kids, so the book also had some of Colton's highlight shots!  Seriously, saving that for his memory box:)

                          
When we dropped Colton off for the day, Levi and I made sure to come home and enjoy every last minute of peace.  As much as I love my little boy, I must admit that the two mornings apart have been good for both of us...him, for all he has learned and the social experiences, and me for the time to get stuff done, give Levi some one-on-one, and just relax!  Oh well, it's only for a few weeks or so (and then he's going three days a week!!!)
When we came back to pick him up, Colton was definitely ready to get out of there.  I tried to get him to take a picture with his teachers, and this is what I got:

I promise he actually really liked these ladies:)
And after school, we stopped to get him some ice cream.  Needless to say, he loved his treat.

So there it is.  My little boy's first school year is officially in the books...C.R.A.Z.Y!  If I'm this ridiculous over this experience, I can only imagine how absurd I will be when he actually goes to Kindergarten?!?  Thank goodness we have a few years to prepare:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment