April 19, 2012

Spicy Garlic Lime Chicken

Josh: my lovely husband. I don't talk about him too much on here mainly because he's really big on his anonymity (I know, like I'm that popular). But one thing you should probably know about him is that when he likes something, he really likes it. Like, we go to the same restaurant every Friday night, he drinks the same beer every time, etc.
When it comes to cooking dinners at home, I like to mix it up and have lots of variety. But not my husband...like I said if he likes something, he really likes it...meaning he requests it about once every couple of weeks. Take this Spicy Garlic Lime Chicken for example. This is a dinner staple in our house. It is easily Josh's favorite thing I make, and for my part, it works as a regular menu feature because it's pretty healthy (read: low points).
It can be pretty spicy or you can tame it down by just decreasing the amounts of the spicy spices! Totally up to you...just make sure you try it out.
Spicy Garlic Lime Chicken
  • 2 chicken breasts, pounded thin (or just buy the thin sliced ones)
  • 1 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
  • 1/4 tsp. paprika
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder + 2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp. onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp. thyme
  • 1/2 tsp. parsley
  • 3 TBSP. lime juice
  • 2 TBSP. butter
  • 1 TBSP. olive oil

1. In small bowl, mix salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, 1/2 tsp. garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, and parsley. Rub generously on both sides of chicken breasts.
2. Heat butter and olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Saute until brown, about 4 minutes per side. Sprinkle with 2 tsp. garlic powder and lime juice. Cook five minutes, stirring frequently.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment