April 20, 2012

Random Friday Musings

Every once in awhile I just have a few random, small things I want to share with you all instead of my normal drawn out ramblings.  Today is one of those days, so here it goes:
1.  Sadly, Blue is no longer with us.  In case you have forgotten, Blue was Colton's fish that we got about a week after Levi was born.  I don't know the normal life expectancy of a beta fish, but I was honestly prleansantly surprised he made it as long as he did...about 3 months.  Colton has yet to notice he is gone, and honestly, I don't think he will as long as we don't remove the tank from his room or no one asks him to go show him off!  Clearly, they were really tight!
2.  I have discovered an awesome food find.  I'm sure you all are familiar with Laughing Cow wedges.  I was already a big fan, but now they have come out with a strawberry variety.  Still only 45 calories a wedge, and perfect as a Bagel Thin topper for a light spring lunch!  I'm sure there is a more creative use for them, but I have yet to come up with it.  Suggestions?
                                                 
3.  With all the hats I currently wear, I am attempting to add a new one: entrepeneur.  Yep, I am officially launching my party planning business (for real this time).  I have been playing with doing this for quite some time, and even kind of did, but then I was really pregnant with Levi and figured that was hardly the appropriate time to start up a business.  Well, now he's here, mama needs something of her own (not to mention some of her own money), and we're going to give it a go.  Honestly, I have very modest expectations for this little venture, but I figure it's worth a shot, right?  So, I would really appreciate it if you would visit my website and tell me honestly what you think.
4.  I HAVE A TAN!!!  It was 90 degrees in Va. Beach on Monday, so the boys and I hit the beach (well Colton and I did...Levi stayed up at the house with Nene), and now I thankfully have some color on my skin.  It may be my genes (for those of you who don't know my mother, she's a bit sun-obsessed...think Magda from There's Something About Mary), but there's something about having a little color to my skin that makes me just feel better!
my little beach boy
5.  I want to go glamping!  Anybody else watch "The Desperate Housewives of Orange County?"  The ladies went glamping this past week, which basically looked like taking the fun parts of camping (ie: sitting around a campfire drinking wine) but doing it without actually having to sleep in a freaking tent.  Instead, you get a nice cabin with a pretty comfy bed.  Doesn't that sound fun? Who wants to join me?

So, that's what's going on over here right about now!  Hope you all have a fantastic weekend:)
                                             


4 comments:

  1. I would totally go glamping with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Yrs, to glamping! I thought that was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only we lived closer...Id be down for glamping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I told myself Tuesday night while watching, that I needed to go glamping!!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...leave a comment