April 18, 2012

Post Baby Slim Down: Week 15

Well, five more weeks have gone by, and the weight loss progress remains slow but steady.  While I remain frustrated at the slow decline on the scale, I can see genuine progress in how things fit, how I look, etc.  I have to keep reminding myself that I need to be patient and persistent and I will get to where I want to be...it just may take awhile!!!
So, here we go:


Goal: get into my pre-maternity pants (approximately 13 pounds to go)
Recent Progress: 5 more weeks have gone by, and I'm down 5 more pounds...especially considering those weeks included my birthday, Colton's birthday, and tons of baby and bridal showers, I am happy that the scale went down and not up.
Diet: Same ole, same ole.  Still chuggin along with my Weight Watchers, but I will say I am not nearly as hungry now as when I first got started.  I guess my body has adjusted to my decreased intake.
Exercise: Still following the same 5 day a week workout regimen.  Up to running at 5.8 and now doing Level 3 of the 30 Day Shred.
Struggles: I already mentioned that there were tons of special occasions over the last few weeks...where I typically have a hard time saying no to yummy stuff (especially on my birthday...everyone knows calories don't count on my birthday).  But I actually lost as much weight those weeks as I did on all my others (1 pound).  Honestly, it makes me a bit frustrated that I don't lose more when I'm actually being really good!
Successes: Well, I left another decade which is always exciting.  And I've definitely noticed a slim down in my legs and belly (although not so much my hips...I think this is normal post-pregnancy, right?)  As proof, the jeans that I bought a few weeks back are definitely too big now, but I am going to try to hold out instead of buying another size that will hopefully be too big in a few weeks.  Come on summer so I can wear dresses/skirts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment