February 1, 2012

Let's Chat...Kardashians

OK, so I just finished watching the season finale of "Kourtney and Kim Take New York," and I'm hoping some of you bloggy friends can help me out.  None of my real life buddies watch the show (or at least they won't admit to it!), and all season long I've just had some things I've needed to chat with someone about.
                          
***First off, I find Kim to be a totally obnoxious, snotty, and unbelievably fake and selfish right now.  When news of the divorce broke, I actually had a lot of sympathy for her...I thought she had honestly been in love and gotten married too quickly hoping to have a fairy tale (after all, I know plenty of other girls who would probably do the same thing).  But after watching it this season, I was so bothered by her.  Don't get me wrong...that Kris guy was totally obnoxious too and I wouldn't have wanted to be married to him either, but I didn't marry him...she just seemed like she had no concept of marriage.  I mean, his sister comes in town and you can't find any time to spend with her, or you can't deal with the idea that his boxes will take up space in your house.  OK, soap box over.
***Is it just me or is Scott Disick suddenly entertaining and actually endearing?  I have despised him in every other season of this show, but I actually really liked him this year.  It all started with his pursuit of Judaism (I'm a sucker for a good Jew reference), but he literally had me laughing out loud in each episode.  
***I really like Kourtney usually, but seriously...why is her almost 2-year old sleeping in her bed with her, especially when she is not even letting her baby's daddy?   I love my sons, but sleeping in the same bed just isn't happening.
***Finally, I really like Khloe, but does she really qualify as enough of a relationship expert to be brought in on multiple episodes to counsel her sisters?  Although, admittedly, she certainly does seem to excel in the relationship department, at least in comparison...

Please someone humor me and tell me you've watched too and maybe share/not share these observations.  Come on blog world...I'm counting on you

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking the SAME thing about Scott--he is reeeeally great this season. I hated him before, and now Im rooting for him and Kourtney.

    I dont know why Kourtney still lets her kid sleep in bed with her--weird.

    I think Kris is a massive jerk. I think Kim can be a bratty snob too, but I dont remember seeing her like that to this extent in other seasons. She even admitted that she's not herself and that she's a bitch to everyone. About the boxes...I think it was bitchy BUT she also was dealing with the fact that she really didnt think it was going to work out. Sending his boxes there was probably that scary thing that made everything a "reality." As for the sister, I agree and I disagree. She should have tried to make time for her but Kris also didnt tell her that the sister was coming. For regular people like you and me, it would be no big deal, but she has commercials and all kinds of other publicity things going on that probably arent as easily rescheduled. I give her some slack on that one. It's his fault for not saying something to her to begin with.

    If you wanna dish more, just chat me up--I'm always up to discuss! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree on all fronts:

    Kim- total brat
    Kris- also total brat
    Scott- television gold
    Kourtney- no concept of reality

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...leave a comment