November 11, 2011

Colton's Wish List 2011

Starbucks holiday cups are in stock, Christmas decorations have started going up in the malls, and tv commercials have begun featuring festive jingles.  Yep, it's that time of year again.  I know many lament the early and incessant reminders of the holiday season, but I, for one, LOVE them.  I truly, honestly feel this is "the most wonderful time of the year."  The anticipation of holiday fun is, for me, almost more fun than the actual holidays themselves.
This year, with Baby X (yep, still no name) due right around the holidays, I feel extra pressure to get our holiday prep done early...you know, just in case.  I have already started brainstorming decorations, activities, menus, and anything else holiday.  And of course, I have started requesting wish lists and compiling our own (I believe wholeheartedly in wish lists as evidenced in this post of yore) so that shopping can commence ASAP!
I never thought the day would come, but compiling Colton's list was seriously more fun than creating my own!  Our little man has such a personality now, so it was super easy to pick out some special items that I know he would love (and some that he just needs!).  In reality, most of these gifts will probably come from Josh and I Santa (if he gets them at all), so hopefully the list will keep me focused and on budget.

  1. Little Tikes Cozy Coupe ($50): image via Toys R'Us, but probably available tons of other places
  2. North Face Fleece jacket ($35): found at Nordstrom's
  3. Pajamas ($20): found at Gymboree....***no footies/buttons/zippers***
  4. Little Tikes Endless Adventures Slide ($35): again Toys R'Us, but other options I'm sure
  5. Radio Flyer Pathfinder Wagon ($75): Toys R'Us
  6. CLOTHES!!!...preferably no polos or thermals (my goodness, why do children's stores sell soooo many of those for toddler boys?): this is from Quicksilver where I happened to find so many other cool options...it must be the Va. Beach in me!

     7.  Pottery Barn Kids Personalized Basketball Hoop ($59)
     8.  Local attractions memberships: zoo, aquarium, Botanical Gardens
     9. Let's Rock! Elmo ($60)

Obviously, in sharing this with you, I don't think you all are going to feel compelled to head out and purchase Colton a Hanukkah/Christmas gift (yep, we celebrate both!).  So, why, you ask, did I share it?  Well, mainly to keep track of it myself!  And to have a place to refer family members/friends should they ask!  And finally, to maybe provide some inspiration or get some tips from other moms who have kids (and mainly boys) around Colton's age...anything really cool out there that maybe I'm missing?

1 comment:

  1. Ha, I actually thought you wanted someone to get him prairie dogs before reading the list below.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...leave a comment