July 22, 2011

Clothespin Art

I love my husband, but go-getter isn't necessarily an accurate description of him.  Maybe that's unfair, but when it comes to my honey-do list, he tends to put my things at the bottom of his to-do list!  Thus, for three weeks now (I feel like it would only be fair to explain that we do own a heating and air-conditioning company, so with temperatures approaching 100, he is pretty busy when he's at the office and does totally deserve his down-time once he comes home), I have been patiently waiting for several things to get finished up around here (some items to be hung in the playroom, cable to finally be installed in the playroom, a sofa to be secured for playroom, curtain rod to be hung in the laundry room, refrigerator/cabinetry to be purchased for laundry room in case you're interested).  I even tried myself, but I'm not exactly handy with a drill and let's just say there's currently a drill bit stuck in our ceiling as a result...oops!
Anyways, the point is, once he does tackle these things, I promise to have lots of good stuff to show you: my final playroom reveal and laundry room progress, including a fun DIY ribbon trimmed curtain tutorial.  But until then, my DIY bones were getting antsy, so I decided to conquer another much-needed project for the laundry room.  Check this out:
Not the basket (luckily that can and should be removed promptly!)...I'm talking about the ugly dryer hose sticking out above.  It had to be hidden, and luckily, I had a spare canvas waiting around.  I painted the canvas yellow and then whipped out some clothespins.  I used both regular sized ones and mini ones (that's what the package says, but I've seen smaller...the ones I used are 1 3/4 inches long).  To go with my color scheme for the room, I used pink, white, and the blue paint I had used to paint the laundry room.  I just used my clothespins like stamps...dabbed them in the paint and then placed them on the canvas.  I had no strategy when it went to stamping my clothespins, and while I am usually the type that loves me some order, I must admit I like the chaos of this guy.  Check it out:
And gloriously hiding the ugly dryer hose:
True...the room still needs a lot of work, but it's a start, right!  And it was such an easy (and cheap, as in $3 for some pink paint and mini clothespins...I already owned everything else) project...my favorite kind!  So, what do you all think?  Anybody else been up to fun, easy DIY stuff lately?

2 comments:

  1. dude - that rocks. and it's theme-y without being TOO theme-y.

    (yes, theme-y is a word)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Newest follower :)
    I love this idea, might have to think up a way to brighten up my boring laundry now! Looking forward to reading more...
    Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...leave a comment