January 3, 2011

Mission Accomplishsed

I knew it would go by too fast, and it most certainly did.  With 2+ days spent snowed in, you would think I feel refreshed and ready to return to work.  Instead, it just makes me realize how much I despise the grind that our life has become.  Oh well...the countdown to Spring Break is on, I guess.
The good news?  Here is my to-do list from when my break began.  Look how good I did!

Oil change (car is only a couple thousand miles over...oops)
Christmas shopping for hubby, Colton, and Josh's family members
Wrap Christmas presents
Go see Holiday Lights at the Beach (probably Christmas Eve)
Bake Christmas dinner contribution
Make cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning
Hit up Home Goods
Find some long-sleeve shirts
Work out Monday through Friday both weeks: 4 out of 5 days each week...not too shabby
Take clothes to Goodwill: they're in a bag and just need to be dropped off, but then again they've been in that bag for 2 months...hmmm
Write thank you notes to my wonderful students' families
DIY curtain project
mirror project
set up cable in back rooms: I had 2 seperate appointments, but 14.5 inches of snow on the ground forced both to be cancelled (I guess you need a clear crawl space to install new outlets)
move furniture in back rooms
Rake leaves OR hire someone to rake leaves (don't judge: I have a 9 month old baby boy to tend to at the same time; raking becomes much more difficult!): again 14.5 inches of snow on the ground made this a little impossible...oh well
paint guest room (?)
Oh, and I did manage to fit in PLENTY of quality time with this guy:
Sorry, couldn't resist the chance to show off his adorableness one more time!

I will have more details on some of the DIY projects later (make sure to click follow if you haven't already, so you don't miss any of it!), but for now, I am feeling pretty accomplished. 

So, do share...did you all manage to get some stuff done over the holidays too?  Or were you stuck working like my husband?  Or spend the time just relaxing like sometimes I wish I could? 







    1 comment:

    1. I agree that the countdown to Spring Break has officially begun. No break is ever long enough :) Following from Mingle Monday. Keep up the great blogging!

      Jill
      Stay Calm Have a Cupcake

      ReplyDelete

    Make my day...leave a comment