November 22, 2010

Let the Festivities Begin...

Well, this weekend was officially get ready for Thanksgiving time in this house. Prep basically consisted of shopping, but after a morning spent running around, I took advantage of a napping baby to test run our table supplies. My logic was that setting it up this weekend in a very basic form would allow me to assess what else, if anything, was needed. While this picture certainly showcases that more is needed, it does point us in the right direction (I think!):


The best part of this tablescape was its affordability. The plates are our wedding china (yay for putting them to use!). The napkin rings and placemats are both from Pier 1 ($4 and $3, respectively). The chargers are from Target ($5 for 4, so about $1 each). I had all the candles already...there are another 4 on the other side as well. The "runner" is scrapbook paper accented with ribbon ($4 total). The scrapbook paper wrapping the candles was already owned and leftovers from my runner project. Finally, the embellishments on the big candle are stick-on jewels from Michaels ($3 for the whole pack).

My table still needs a pretty floral centerpiece which I will pick up later this week, and I think the whole thing will look much prettier once completed and lit up, but I am pleased so far. I decided to share it with you today, in its incomplete form, in case you were still after some table inspiration of your own.

So what do you all think? I love that I "splurged" on the napkin rings and placemats, but will have them for the future, and "saved" on the rest, thus making it totally justifiable.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment