November 9, 2015

Thankful

It's November...has been for a few days now! We have a lot of traditions in our house (just ask Josh...), but one of my favorites is doing a thankful tree with the boys each November.
There's no doubt about it: my boys are some very fortunate children. They lead fantastic lives, and while I am thrilled and very proud that we are able to provide them with so much, I want them to recognize just how lucky they are to have all the people, things, and experiences that they do.
So like I said, we've done a thankful tree each November. Each morning, I ask the boys to name something they're thankful for and we write it down. In the past, I've hung them on branches, but I wanted to switch it up a bit this year. So I made a tree out of newspaper on our pantry door.
On the leaves are the things the boys are thankful for (at least so far).
That's just a sampling, but it should be noted neither have mentioned their mom (or dad for that matter) yet! 
Overall, I'm liking our new "tree." We walk by it constantly throughout the day, and it's nice to catch a glimpse of a leaf each time and smile at what the boys are thankful for! Plus, it makes the house look a bit more festive!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment