February 13, 2014

52 Weeks of Romance

If you're a regular reader around here, you've no doubt heard my little spiel about Valentine's Day. In case you've missed it, here's the gist: I like the holiday, but more in the let's do something nice to acknowledge it together way, not in the let's spend lots of money and get each other really extravagant things.  It's always a challenge for me to come up with something thoughtful and useful for Josh.  But this year, I'm thinking I may have come up with a winner.
Like most couples who have young children (or at least the ones I'm friends with), romance often takes a back seat for us.  We're so busy parenting and surviving that by the time the kids are tucked in snugly to bed, we are both ready to check out as well! Josh and I have often talked about ways we could bring some romance back to our relationship, but oftentimes are discussions are a lot more talk and a lot less action.  With Valentine's Day being all about romance, I figured this was the perfect time to attempt to do something real about it.

Enter our 52 weeks of romance jar.  I spent a few days brainstorming romantic gestures...and of course, I turned to Google and Pinterest when I couldn't come up with any more!  Because romance has so many dimensions, I tried to touch on all of them in my list.  In the end, I came up with 52 acts...one for each week of the year.  My thought is that we will  pick one stick a week and then have the week to accomplish the task...this way, there's still a bit of an element of surprise as to when the things happen.
I'm hoping that my jar will cause us to be a little more thoughtful and a bit more connected.  And then Valentines Day will last all year, and not just one short night!

1 comment:

Make my day...leave a comment