May 20, 2013

Shine On

I swear I think Pinterest can read my mind.  Frequently pins pop up on my news feed (or whatever it's called in Pinterest world) that directly satisfy a current need.  Oftentimes, it's some sort of cookie or other sweet treat, but in this case, it was actually for something much more productive.
May is window cleaning month around here (per my self-imposed cleaning schedule), but I really had no idea...or at least no novel idea...of how I was going to go about it.  And then I saw a pin that promised to have shiny, sparkly windows without any wiping or streaks.  Needless to say, I knew I had a winner.  And now that I have tried it out, I can confidently pass it along to you!  It worked...and in the fun kind of cleaning worked way in which you actually enjoy what you're doing because the results are so fantastic!  Plus, it was amazingly quick and easy.  I didn't even break a sweat and washed each window in about a minute!
Check out those shiny, streak-free windows:

 but if you want to try it out yourself, here's the recipe:

  • 1/2 bottle Jet Dry
  • 2 gallons hot water
  • 1/4 cup powdered dish detergent
  • 3 tbsp. rubbing alcohol
Once you've mixed everything together, start by attacking each window with the jet force of a hose.  Using a sponge brush (I opted for one with a long handle so I could more easily get the whole length of the window), scrub the window with the solution.  Then, rinse the window off.  I found it better to do this with a softer hose setting like shower to prevent as many water spots as possible. 
Easy peasy lemon squeezey, huh?!?  You're welcome!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment