May 17, 2013

TGIF!

When I left the working world and became a SAHM, I figured Fridays would lose their magical appeal. After all, being at home every day would mean that every day was, in essence, the weekend...right?
Not so much, I learned.  Not to give you the whole song and dance on how hard of a job being a stay-at-home-mom is, but when I get to Fridays I'm just as excited as I was when I was teaching!  Obviously my weekends have changed a bit. I no longer look forward to a weekend of sleeping in, being irresponsible (read: drinking too much alcohol), and knocking things off my to-do list.
                             
But Fridays now mean:
  *someone will be home to help me change diapers, feed the children, discipline the children, etc.
  *a couple of days of eating out (we try to eat at home Monday-Thursday, but Friday and Saturday are always eat out days in our household)...even better if it's al fresco
  *opportunities to do things as a family
  *opportunities to watch the boys play with their dad...even more enjoyable if I sit on the sideline and really watch:)
  *a day to sleep in or at least lay in bed for an hour or so just watching tv (Josh and I split up the weekend...he gets Saturday and I get Sunday, but I can't really sleep past 7 anyways so I just lounge instead)
  *a couple of nights to have a few glasses of wine (I don't usually drink during the week, unless there's a special occasion, but along with eating out on Fridays and Saturdays, I also indulge in a glass of wine or two (maybe sometimes three...once the kids are snugly tucked in of course)
  *no working out: I take the weekends off!

So obviously I am super excited to have arrived at another weekend, especially because the weather has finally...maybe...turned to spring, which means hopefully there will be lots of opportunities for fun outdoor stuff!!!
Happy weekend all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment