April 17, 2013

Tasty Tuesday (now Wednesday): Skillet Corn

I've mentioned before here that I'm a pretty pathetic vegetable eater.  I've tried to get better, but unfortunately there are still only about 5 or so vegetables I will actually eat.  Corn happens to be one of them., but the only way I can ever think to prepare it is on the cob.  While that is tasty, we're trying to add variety here people, and that can get boring, so....I found a new recipe for corn.
A new recipe that was awesome, and easy, and so now I have to share it with you.  After all, summer is corn season, right?  And summer is right around the corner (woo hoo!).
Skillet Corn
  • 16 oz. frozen corn
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 1 tbsp. sugar
  • 1 tbsp. corn meal
  • salt and pepper to taste
1.  Melt butter in skillet over medium heat.  
2.  Stir in sugar, corn meal, and frozen corn.
3.  Cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. *Be careful when you take the lid off to stir cause that stuff will be spitting at you!
4.  Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper to your liking.  Let sit about 10 minutes before eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment