He requested my Strawberry Cake which may not sound like a big deal (ok it totally doesn't sound like a big deal), but kind of was. You see, when Josh and I were getting married, all I heard about was this strawberry cake some former neighbor used to make. At one point, he even suggested tracking her down and asking her to make this infamous (at least to him) strawberry cake as our wedding cake.
My competitive streak kicked in, and I decided I would show my future husband that I could make an amazing cake too. The only guidance I had was that this cake had actual bits of strawberry in it. When I made this cake for the first time, Josh was clearly impressed (yay...victory!) and clearly still is if he's requesting the same cake 5ish years later!
- box white cake mix
- 3 oz. strawberry Jello
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 10 oz. strawberries, tops cut off
1. Dissolve Jello in cold water. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Mix cake mix, oil, eggs, and flour into Jello. Beat on medium for 5 minutes. While beating, add strawberries in (If you're using a stand mixer, you should be able to add the strawberries in whole and they will get broken up into perfect size pieces...If you don't have a stand mixer, you may want to dice the strawberries and just stir them in).
3. Grease and flour 3 cake pans. Pour batter evenly into the 3 dishes. Bake for 30-35 minutes.
4. Allow to cool completely and frost with your favorite frosting.