March 13, 2012

Spray Painted Pillows?!?

So, I admit it...I have a slight  pretty major obsession with spray paint.  Josh has been known to tell me over and over that I can't paint everything, but after this latest discovery, he might be in big trouble because it turns out you can paint just about anything...and with awesome results.
Take my pillows for example.  When we last left them, they were just had plain white cotton pillow cases on them (you can read about that no-sew process here if you wish).  But white was never the goal for these pillows.  In fact, I only bought white because I couldn't find a fabric that I liked/met my color scheme, so I went with white knowing full well I would have to jazz it up in some way.
So, I did!  Thanks to a couple of cans of spray paint...yes, spray paint...my white pillows ended up looking like this:

To get the striped look, I just used painter's tape and laid it out on the pillow.  I eyeballed the spacing and was sure to really push the tape into the fabric before spraying...2 light coats.


As for the starfish and seashell pillows, I used freezer paper to accomplish those.  I simply drew my shapes on to some freezer paper, cut it out, and ironed it on to the fabric (plastic side down).  

After spraying (2 light coats again), I was left with this:

Overall, I am pretty pleased with my pillows, especially considering how easy they were.  In fact, I've debated whipping up a few more of them because I can't quite decide on pillow placement out there.  What do you think?
This:
I think I like this look more, but it doesn't leave much room for actual sitting
Plus, I would probably need some sort of pillow for the back section, right?

Or this:
too bare?
Cast your vote friends:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment