November 9, 2011

Belly, Toddler, and Lots of Sand

Way back in August a friend of my mom's asked if she could take pictures of Colton once it got a little cooler.  She is honing her photography skills and wanted to get as much practice as possible.  Pictures of my handsome toddler?  Of course!
When she called to ask if we could set up a time, I was super eager.  It turns out she also wanted to get some of me (well, namely my very large mid-section), so I obliged*.  Because Josh wasn't really going to be featured in many pictures and because he had a pretty hectic week, I let him off the hook on this one and Colton and I headed out to meet her at the beach last week.

My son can be very shy and hesitant at first, but was a total ham the entire time.  It turns out that some time between the summer and now, he has discovered the joy of throwing sand because he was hurling chunks of it pretty much the entire shoot.  Getting him to sit still was pretty much impossible, but she did manage to capture some really great shots of his budding personality.







shocked I am actually sharing this with the world...
I love the idea of the shot, but not necessarily the size of my rear in it!


*While I realize many people find the pregnant body beautiful, I am not one of those people.  I feel like a whale and avoid cameras.  With Colton's pregnancy, I pretty much refused to take any pictures of myself, but in retrospect I did kind of regret that I didn't have any documentation of my blossoming baby bump.  So this time, I have compromised (with myself) and taken my picture every five weeks or so and even agreed to do this little photo shoot (which I'm thinking I may actually treasure in years to come!)

4 comments:

  1. I love these pics, Michelle, esp of the two of you by the lighthouse! Absolutely adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww gorg' pics * congrats on the upcoming bambino!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean... I hated taking pictures when I was pregnant... and we did get professional shots done luckily or I would have none to remember being pregnant - so you are smart to take as many as you can - even though you don't like it LOL. I hear ya loud & clear! And These are fabulous photos by the way! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The picture of you, your belly and Colton in the sunset is SOOO beautiful.

    Truly truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...leave a comment