October 26, 2011

Lamp Redo

The lamps in our living room were one of my first official home purchases a few years back when we lived in the townhouse.  I remember Josh was out of town for business one day when I wandered into a Pier 1, saw them, and figured I needed to treat myself to something.  At the time, the dark green of the bases and the cream color of the shade perfectly accented our living room furniture (which was cream) and decor (which leaned towards the darker shades of greens).  
But as we have transitioned to this house and some new furniture/accessories, our style has gotten a little lighter and brighter (ie: whiter), and the lamps, particularly their shades, had started to really stick out like sore thumbs.  
Because of the narrow opening at the top of the shade, finding a replacement had already returned nada.  Luckily, we had some fabric left over from Colton's one year old photoshoot, and when I spotted it resting in a craft bucket last week, I knew recovering the lamp shades would be the perfect solution. 
This was not my first rodeo with lamp shade recovering.  In fact, I detailed the whole process here if you want to check out how to do it.
Or, if you're like me and are just anxious for a good after shot, here is our lamp (there are actually 2 in the room, but trust me when I tell you, the other one looks just like this one!) with its lighter, brighter, and certainly more fun shade:
Better, eh?  Now I can't decide if the lamp base needs a makeover too.  What do you all think?  White?  Silver?  My favorite grass green?  Keep it like it is?  As always, your opinions are most definitely appreciated!



2 comments:

  1. i vote white or silver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh I like it a lot, Michelle! I would say pain the base white, but I do like it the way it is, too! (If you change, definitely white, tho!)

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...leave a comment