July 18, 2011

Learn, Baby, Learn

Our little man is growing up so quickly!  While his speaking vocabulary is still very limited (he has undoubtedly mastered dog...or more like dah), his receptive vocabulary (like that fancy teaching word...it's the words he understands) is impressive, at least to me, but then again I am pretty much impressed by everything this boy does!
 But I digress...anyhow, there are TONS of words Colton understands...hand (he gives you his hand to hold), close (to shut the refrigerator, pantry, etc), clean up, dance, bye-bye, hello (he holds his hand up to his ear like a phone for this one...too cute), Chipper's treat, etc.  He also is clearly recognizing people that he knows and has become quite hesitant around those he does not know.
With his capacity for learning growing by the day, I wanted him to have a way to get to learn some of the most important people in his life's names and faces.  The problem is he doesn't see most of these people daily, so I had to come up with a different solution.  I decided to make him his own little family album book.

 I used Shutterfly, and it was super easy to do!  After collecting photos of each family member (we decided to stick with grandparents, great grandparents, and aunts and uncles from both sides), I simply inserted the photos on the site, typed the person's name under their photo, and moved on to the next one.  

After I ordered it (and paid my $30), it only took a few days to get here.  Colton seems to really be enjoying his new book (if we can teach him to hold it upright)!
Now, I'm just curious to see if he starts to recognize more faces...or better yet, if he starts to learn some of their names from his own, personal yearbook.  Anybody else out there have any fun ways to introduce your baby to the family?


2 comments:

  1. What a cute idea. And shutterfly often has coupons for free photobooks too, so you could potentially do this for next to nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon...I know and I am criminally impatient and went ahead and ordered the book with no coupon (well, I did have free shipping) because I wanted it...wouldn't you know it, I got an email for buy one, get one free photobooks (double shit since I already have another book in the works that needs to be ordered!)

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...leave a comment