July 15, 2011

Roses are Red...

...Our laundry room is blue.  Er, more like our laundry closet is blue, but whatever, the point is I painted our evolving laundry room.  I had hoped to find a curtain fabric first, but am really struggling to locate one (you can read about my search here if you want).  But our refrigerator and and cabinetry are due to be purchased this weekend, so I wanted to go ahead and get the walls painted, especially since I knew I wanted the walls to be blue.
So, here's the befores of our hideous space:



And a slightly improved version:


 At first, I wasn't sure about the color (it's Tropical Breeze by Behr), but I think it's growing on me.  
Plus, Now that the walls are done, I actually think it will make it easier to find a fabric that will compliment the them, rather than trying to do it the other way around.  You may also notice that I was lazy efficient and didn't bother to paint the spaces that will soon be covered by furniture, appliances, or curtains.
So, there's step 1 (of what will probably be many) in our laundry room (er, closet) transformation.  What do you all think?  Like the color?  Do share please

2 comments:

  1. I think it looks really cute! Will be curious to see how it looks with the curtain and once the appliances are in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like it. It makes the room "pop". "Pop" is a professional term, no worries. :)


    www.theshannonjig.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...leave a comment