June 6, 2011

Summer Lovin: My Mantle Redo

With the temperatures reaching 90+ for the past couple weeks around here, I figured it was fine time that our mantle replace its springtime decor with a more appropriate summer vibe.  Living at the beach (well, as in Virginia Beach, not actual beach front property), seashells and sand seemed to be essential ingredients to this summer spruce up.  Here is a look at our mantle's full makeover:

And here are some close-ups of some of my favorite elements, such as the cute seashells:
The hurricane filled with sand and a candle:
And last but not least, my seashell-filled vase and DIY capiz button monogram:
I am very pleased with the result...it feels so fresh and beachy, which makes me happy.  And the best part about my mini-makeover was that I already owned everything for my mantle, except for the seashells for the vase which I scooped up at Michaels for $5.99.  Not too shabby, huh?

Oh and just for fun, here's a look back at our mantle through the seasons:
Fall

Winter

Spring

Summer





No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment