June 28, 2011

A Party to Plan

Last week, I was hanging out on Facebook (a bad habit of mine) when I noticed this adorable picture from my favorite local Cupcakery (Carolina Cupcakery if you're interested):
The caption read something about how cigars are such an old tradition, and this was the new way to reveal your baby's gender.  Hmmm?  My interest was piqued, but I didn't really think much beyond that.
Well, this past weekend I was beaching it and one of my aunts told me she had seen this cupcake gender reveal idea on a news show that morning and immediately thought of me.  Now my wheels were really turning...I mean, I do love a good party (or any reason to party for that matter), and I do love cupcakes, and my family members who were present at the beach seemed to really be in favor of the idea, so.....
I went home and started checking out Pinterest for some inspiration:
                                     gender reveal party - blue/pink decorations
                             
                                   gender reveal party - team blue table

                                 

                                                                           gender reveal party - question invite
How cute is that stuff?  Now, I'm hooked!  I most definitely want to have a gender reveal party (I'm thinking just for our family members though), but as I was researching the idea, I ran across a lot of opinions saying that these parties were "narcissistic." Not that I usually worry about being narcissistic (I've kind of accepted that I probably am a smidge) and like I've said, most of our family members already seemed to be excited about the idea, but I don't want people to moan and groan that we felt compelled to have yet another party.

So, what do you all think?  Gender reveal party...fun way to celebrate another one of life's great moments?  Or a tacky excuse for a party?  Please let me know what you think...I welcome any and all opinions:)



3 comments:

  1. I like the idea, but not if it turns into having a shower for yourself. Maybe plan a cookout and just have the gender reveal as part of the activities? I like any reason to get together and be with loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is an awesome idea. You could either make a gajillion phone calls to announce it, or you could have an excuse for a summer backyard BBQ and reveal the gender with everyone you would deem important enough to call anyway. I vote cupcakes. The voting thing is cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for my invitation to arrive :) I LOVE the idea!!!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...leave a comment