June 27, 2011

Life is Good

 Its' funny...now that every day is technically a Saturday for me, you would think weekends would lose their significance....but oh no, when Saturday and Sunday officially roll around, the world starts singing again and the real fun begins.  I just about had the ***perfect*** weekend with a beautiful combination of relaxation, time with my lovely husband, time with my baby boy, and time with friends and family. I hope you all are fresh off a relaxing, fun weekend...kind of like the one I was lucky enough to have around here.
On Saturday, Colton and I joined a bunch of friends and family for a great beach day.  Among those people was my best friend from when I was about ten on.  When we went off to college, we went our separate ways, but have always kept in touch and remained friends.  Well lo and behold, we ended up getting pregnant within two months of each other, so now our babies are growing up together.  This was Colton and Savannah's first beach trip together:
The only thing cuter than watching one baby play is watching two play together!  Colton was a little slow to warm up to this new visitor at his beach (he usually is!).  But then, these two were all over the place...running up and down the beach, chasing each other, and even getting a little too adventurous as they ran into the waves.  
On Saturday night, we got to do another of my favorite things: try out a new restaurant.  After living in Virginia Beach for basically the last 30 years and being part of a family that ate out pretty much nightly, there aren't many restaurants around here that I haven't tried.  So, when a new one opens, I get a little stupidly excited.  We joined my parents at Todd Jurich's Burger Bar (in case you're in the area and want to try it out), which is billing itself as a combo of my favorite things: a cool, nice restaurant that serves not so fancy, but good food...perfect.  It was pretty good, but our general consensus was that they needed a build your own burger option.
On Sunday, the whole family (Chipper included) headed over to our old townhouse.  I'm a little worried I may jinx it, so I won't say too much, but we had to make sure the place was finally cleaned out and ready to be handed over to a new owner (I promise I will give more details later this week once everything works out).  It was a lot of fun to watch Colton explore what could have been his house and watch Chipper explore his former home.

That afternoon, my sister and I went to get some pedicures together. And then, that same lovely sister offered to watch Colton for the evening so Josh and I could have a much-needed date night.  We went to Steinhibler's (a Virginia Beach classic) and had a really great meal and some quality time together.
notice the toddler desperately trying to come with us


Yep, pretty much the perfect weekend.  The only thing that makes it even better?  Today, I don't have to go to work...or for quite some time for that matter!  So do share...how was your weekend?  Did you get some summer fun in?  Or try something new?  Or have a date night?  Or girly time?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment