October 17, 2012

Pam to the Rescue

For the past few months, I have been busy pinning images like these to my boards:
OPI's An Affair In Times Square.
OPI's An Affair in Times Square
Essie Demure Vixen. The perfect fall neutral.
Essie's Demure Vixen
                                                         
I love those fall neutrals, but there's one major problem...I have no pretty nails!
I don't really consider myself a "nail biter"...more of a nail picker-I see a chip, I pick at it, or nibble on it, and before you know it, my nails are nothing more than nubs.
As much as I love the look of painted nails, I also think they would serve a purpose in helping to conquer the problem I should have long outgrown.  Ready to follow this logic?  If my nails are painted, I can't see the imperfections.  Plus, if the nails are painted, then I catch myself from nibbling on them because I don't want to mess up the polish.  BUT it takes too long to paint the nails and let them dry, especially considering the polish only lasts a few days, so why waste the time doing it?
And then I read a tip that may save my nails.  I saw it on Pinterest (of course), but I think it was originally from "Real Simple" magazine.  If you paint your nails, and then immediately spray Pam cooking spray on the wet polish, it will immediately be dry.  Say what?!?
                                      
Guess what y'all?  It totally worked too!  Instead of painting my nails being a 20+ minute ordeal (most of which was me sitting with my hands completely still waiting for them to dry), it now takes less than five minutes!  So, now I plan/hope to keep my nails painted.  And if my logic from above is correct, hopefully my painted nails will not only look prettier, but they will also help keep me from picking/nibbling long enough to actually grow some longer nails!
 I'll keep you posted...I'm sure you're on the edge of your seat!

                                                       

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip. I will definitely be trying this. I also have 2 little boys and I don't have time to sit and wait for my nails to dry.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...leave a comment