October 18, 2012

Closing Arguments

Throughout the summer tv season, I shared my opinions with you all on a few occasions, and now that those shows are coming to an end (sadly for some and thankfully for others!), I felt like I should get up on my soapbox one last time to give my final thoughts.

1.  Real Housewives of New Jersey...OK where do I begin?  Let's do this in bullet form shall we?

  • I still don't think Teresa is as bad as everyone else seems to...in fact, I kind of feel sorry for her and do believe that she is more innocent (although not entirely) than they are trying to portray her
  • Watching Teresa and brother Joe is honestly painful to me...they both seem genuinely hurt by all that is going on and makes me think there's something real to it
  • I lost a lot of respect for Jacqueline watching that reunion (yep, all three parts)...she seemed to be looking for a lot of conflict and bringing up a lot of drama.  I actually yelled at the tv when she was going on and on about how Joe Giudice said she met her husband as SHE was the one who brought it up in the first place (and see below for how I feel about Joe Giudice)
  • Caroline seemed to be doing major damage control and trying to take back her "lady of wisdom" and "high road" approach
  • Jacqueline's husband is probably the most real (and likable) person on that whole show...they should all take their cues from him
  • Joe Giudice is gross...in every way...another reason I feel bad for Teresa
  • Seriously, being a stripper, or potentially being a stripper, really isn't that bad!  If I had been a stripper, I'd totally tell you...and if any of my sister-in-laws had been, I wouldn't care
I could probably go on and on, but I'll just leave it at those main points for now.
                               
2. Real Housewives of New York...Again, I may be the only one, but I actually don't mind Ramona. Sure, her crazy eyes are a bit scary and I really wanted to buy her a more comfortable dress for the reunion show (did anyone else think she looked like she couldn't breathe?), but I think she's a pretty straight shooter and I like that.  And even though I was skeptical at first, I actually ended up liking the new girls (holla!)...with the exception of Aviva.  

3.  Teen Mom...First thing, you think MTV was trying to milk out any last second they could from those four?  For the most part, none of it was particularly noteworthy to me, but I was very happy with how honest and level-headed Amber seemed to be.  When I first heard of her decision to go to prison, I thought it was another bone-head move on her part.  But seeing her in that special, it really did seem like she was finally on the right path.  I really hope she has anyway!

Although those gems are over, I love Bravo in that some of my other favorites (mainly the Beverly Hills girls) are right about to begin again, so I won't be without mindless tv for too long.  In the meantime, maybe I'll actually get into the Miami season which for some reason is the only crew in history I just can't seem to watch!  Anybody else?  Opinions on the other seasons?  Do share!



1 comment:

  1. I still think Teresa is a nutjob and has brought on a lot of this crap herself. I think she's deluded and can't see her role in anything.
    I'm with you on Miami. I just can't get into that show, no matter who they add. This season is slightly better than last, but not by much.
    I'm looking forward to Beverly Hills, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...leave a comment