March 30, 2011

Flor-ed?

From the first day we saw our house, one of my favorite features has been the dark stained, hardwood floors in most of the rooms, including what would become our master bedroom.  While I still love the look, my feet have been yearning for something a little more plush to step on to when they first leave that comfy bed in the morning.  Plus, a rug would really go a long way in anchoring our bed in the room and defining the space. 
So for months, I have been searching for the perfect rug to fit our space.  The problem is that any rug that is big enough to fit under the bed with room to spare on all sides easily runs $400+.  Considering we won't see 80% of this rug, as it will permanently reside under the bed, I just don't know if I can justify it. 
Because of this, I have been playing with the idea of using Flor tiles instead.  Anyone ever used these things?  Right now, I'm leaning towards these options:
Posh Croc in Cream
Well Suited in Bone

Feelin' Groovy in Bone
I have seen them tons of places and figured I would only need about 11 tiles...bringing my grand total to $132 (well maybe a little more if I go with certain tiles)...even my lovely husband won't be able to complain about that, right?  So what do you all think?  Would one tile along the edge of the bed be enough?  Or would a regular carpet be better?

3 comments:

  1. Drew and I just bought some this morning for our living room. And we have had them under the coffee table before. Its a fun and less expensive way to get an area rug :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could also consider doing a runner on either side of the bed. Would be less money, and you could still have something cushy for your feet! :)

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...leave a comment