February 9, 2011

More Fun with Chalkboard Paint

Ever since I purchased my first can of chalkboard paint and used it, I have been racking my brain for ways that I can use some of the leftovers.  This weekend, I was cleaning out my craft drawers and found this frame.  I think I got it from the Dollar Store waaaayyy back when:
I bought it because it was my favorite green, the one that is everywhere in my house, so I figured I would find a place to use it (well and it was only a dollar for goodness sake).  Obviously, this little frame had not met its potential yet, but it was about to. 
I took the glass part out of the frame.  I then painted it with two coats of chalkboard paint.  Once the second coat was good and dry, I put it back in the frame.  All of a sudden, we had a nice little message center for our front console.  See?

By the way, I have really awful chalkboard handwriting for a teacher, huh?
Good thing we use dry erase boards these days...

It couldn't get any easier (or cheaper!).  Love it?

1 comment:

  1. Ok...I am doing this! I have left over chalkboard paint from a door in our kitchen. Love this idea!!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...leave a comment