February 1, 2011

Chocolate Chip Dip

The Super Bowl is this weekend (HERE WE GO STEELERS; HERE WE GO...ok off my chest).  The Super Bowl, at least in our house, turns into dip buffet.  Dips are the perfect Super Bowl food, as you can stand at the table and nosh or take a plate and head to the tv.  Last week, I shared with you one of my favorite dips for the Super Bowl (and beyond): Chili Cheese Dip
Today, I am here to share another of my go-to favorites: Chocolate Chip Dip.  It is technically meant to be served as a cheeseball, all rolled up (and even coated with nuts or Heath bits or some other goody if you wish).  But I find it just as fun to serve it as a dip with graham crackers on the side to use for dipping.  Either way, it is dee-lish...just imagine a cheesecake dip.  So without further ado, the recipe:
Chocolate Chip Dip:
  • 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), softened
  • 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
  • 2 tbsp. brown sugar
  • 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup chocolate chips (I use semi-sweet)
Mix cream cheese, butter, confectioners sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in mixer.
Stir in chocolate chips.
Refrigerate until serving.

Yummy, yummy...makes me want to make it again (and I just devoured way more than I should last weekend)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word! What a treat! I think I might take this tomorrow night to the party.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day...leave a comment